Subject: [Leica] Viva Valoy!
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:49:26 -0800

> Dont knock the Valloy. If it can be cleaned up and simply rewired and if
> the condenser is in good shape it is one fine enlarger.

Richard - no "knocking" implied. The better dealer here in Toronto has a
whole wall of Valoy's, Valoy II's and a half dozen Focomats (from I to V35).

Grab the Valoy  I or II and run. It will be the best, easiest, and most
accurate for 16X20's The Valoys have rigid construction that eliminates the
need for worries about alignment of the neg and lens. My old Valoy and
Focomat use standard 1.25 or 32mm tubing for the upright. I have a Beseler
45 with color head, a Durst 600, a Focomat,  and a Kodak Flourlite cold
light enlarger all set up in my darkroom. I use the 1937 Valoy for 98% of my
printing. The helical focusing is unmatched by any other. You can make a neg
carrier out of matt board and tape.
Bill Lawlor

Replies: Reply from Richard Comen <rpcomen@mcn.org> (Re: [Leica] Viva Valoy!)