Subject: [Leica] Re: OT reference material/equipment questions
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 07:44:04 -0800

- --=====================_1035381700==_.ALT

I am an avid Hasselblad user. I've had three different systems since 1960.
There are a lot of Hasselblad users on the LUG. One of the best Medium Format
sites is Robert Monaghan's:

http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/mf/index.html

And, of course, the HUG (Hasselblad Users Group) run by our own Dan Cardish:

http://mail.kelvin.net/guest/RemoteListSummary/Hasselblad

which also has complete archives for searching.

The two books you'll want are "The Hasselblad Manual," fifth edition, by Ernst
Wildi and the "Hasselblad Compendium."

The Hasselblad Manual is a treasure trove of information and a dynamite basic
photography book explaining everything, with lots of illustrations, including
DOF!  :) And it, of course, tells everything there is to know about all of the
Hasselblad cameras, lenses, and accessories.

Have fun,

Jim

At 10:17 PM 3/12/01 -0500, George Kenney wrote:
>Help!
>
>I have no excuse for my budding Leicaholism. I don't know how to
>take pictures, but I've now acquired in rapid succession 2 new M6
>TTLs (.58 and .85), 1 used M4-2 (btw from the notorious Canadian
>retail shop of the notorious zoom lens episode -- they were quite
>nice, I thought, and gave me an excellent price on an excellent
>body), 6 Leica lenses and 1 Voigtlander lens.
>
>BUT THIS WAS NOT ENOUGH!!
>
>No, today I had to buy a Hassleblad 501CM w/ 80 CFE. (I know this
>is more gear than I'll learn how to use properly in years, but I've
>always wanted to take interesting pictures and, in part, I decided to
>spend some money to take my mind off losing a fortune in the stock
>market.)
>
>Anyhow, I can't find resources for Hassleblad anything like the
>fantastic resources for Leica on the web. Does anybody have any
>suggested links, please?
>
>Secondly, and more or less unrelated, can anybody give me links
>and/or titles of reference books or pamphlets to buy, for exposure
>tables for nighttime photography? I got two shots out of a roll to
>come out right the other night, by luck I think.
>
>Thanks,
>
>G.
>
>P.S. I may even post some snaps, if I can figure out how photonet
>works...

- --=====================_1035381700==_.ALT

I am an avid Hasselblad user. I've had three different systems since
1960. There are a lot of Hasselblad users on the LUG. One of the best
Medium Format sites is Robert Monaghan's:<br>
And, of course, the HUG (Hasselblad Users Group) run by our own Dan
Cardish:<br>
which also has complete archives for searching.<br>
The two books you'll want are &quot;<font face="verdana">The Hasselblad
Manual,&quot; fifth edition, by Ernst Wildi and the &quot;Hasselblad
Compendium.&quot;<br>
The Hasselblad Manual</font> is a treasure trove of information and a
dynamite basic photography book explaining everything, with lots of
illustrations, including DOF!&nbsp; :) And it, of course, tells
everything there is to know about all of the Hasselblad cameras, lenses,
and accessories.<br>
Have fun,<br>
Jim<br>
At 10:17 PM 3/12/01 -0500, George Kenney wrote:<br>
&gt;Help!<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;I have no excuse for my budding Leicaholism. I don't know how to
&gt;take pictures, but I've now acquired in rapid succession 2 new M6
&gt;TTLs (.58 and .85), 1 used M4-2 (btw from the notorious Canadian
&gt;retail shop of the notorious zoom lens episode -- they were quite
&gt;nice, I thought, and gave me an excellent price on an excellent
&gt;body), 6 Leica lenses and 1 Voigtlander lens. <br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;BUT THIS WAS NOT ENOUGH!!<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;No, today I had to buy a Hassleblad 501CM w/ 80 CFE. (I know this
&gt;is more gear than I'll learn how to use properly in years, but I've
&gt;always wanted to take interesting pictures and, in part, I decided to
&gt;spend some money to take my mind off losing a fortune in the stock
&gt;market.)<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Anyhow, I can't find resources for Hassleblad anything like the
&gt;fantastic resources for Leica on the web. Does anybody have any
&gt;suggested links, please?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Secondly, and more or less unrelated, can anybody give me links
&gt;and/or titles of reference books or pamphlets to buy, for exposure
&gt;tables for nighttime photography? I got two shots out of a roll to
&gt;come out right the other night, by luck I think.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Thanks,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;G.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;P.S. I may even post some snaps, if I can figure out how photonet
&gt;works...<br>