Subject: [Leica] Jobos & XTol
From: "Chris Quinn" <cquinn@mail.sjcsf.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:01:02 -0700

I'm currently without a darkroom and having a hard time finding a decent lab
within shouting distance. I have, however, noticed all the hooting &
hollering about "Jobo and XTol" on the LUG and would like to hear specifics.

I've checked the Jobo site (http://www.jobo-usa.com/products.htm), and found
a slew of drum processors: does anyone have a preference (just a little
light LUG humor, there)? Seriously, though, can anyone make a spectacular
argument against the CPE2Plus as a unit? It's the most affordable of the
bunch for doing loads of film (vs. the DuoLab), but if it's a troublesome
unit in some way, it would be nice to hear feedback.

I'm also remembering something about the 1L vs the 5L packages of XTol; is
there a difference? Seems the wrapper is not the only difference, and I've
seen a few odd references to that here on the LUG: are they different
formulas giving different results? Everyone seems to prefer the 5L, and I
know my own batch from a 1L package was a capital-D Disaster, but if good
results can be had (hence the LUG hooting), I'd give it another go.

Thanks for your help again, and thanks to the LUGnuts who contacted me off
list on my earlier post.

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] RE: Jobos & XTol)
Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Jobos & XTol)