Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: My M5 replacement.
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 08:43:09 -0800

At 11:28 PM +0800 3/14/01, Dr. Joseph Yao wrote:
>on 14/3/01 2:39 PM, Henning Wulff at henningw@archiphoto.com wrote:
>
>>  The series 1 lenses were made by Kino, not Cosina. Vivitar has (had)
>>  many different manufacturers making  lenses for them. I don't know
>>  who might have produced that 28/2.8.
>
>Henning,
>
>I believe it was Kiron who made the original Vivitar Series 1 lenses.  My
>all time favourite is the 35-85/2.8 Vari-focal.  I like it so much that I
>got a M42 one to use on my EOS.  The current Series 1 lenses are made by
>Cosina, and you will find the same lenses offered in other brands, namely
>Tokina, Phoenix, and perhaps a few others.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Joseph

You're quite right of course; I used to have the first 70-210 Series
1 lens (a very good zoom for the time, but lots of flare) and I still
have a 105 macro from Kiron. Kino was (or is) a European manufacturer.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com