Subject: Re: [Leica] Soft Release
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:40:54 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 14/03/01 00:35:24 Paris, Madrid, TTAbrahams@aol.com
a écrit :

<< I wish that the alloy used was cheap. It is a certified areospace alloy
that
 costs about US$ 15/kg and after that it is run on an automated turning
center
 that costs about $200/hour to operate. I dont know if you know anything
about
 machining, but the Softrelease is done in a single pass through the
machining
 center and the program for running it, boggles the mind! Several people have
 said the same thing and gone to machinists to try to have the Softies
 duplicated. In all cases they have been told 'Can't even run them for $10
 each".  There are plenty of Softreleases available in "cheap" aluminium but
 they suffer from one major problem. The threads are pressed in to the metal
 and they often break off in the cable release thread of the camera. Simple
 design is not necessarily cheap and high quality material never is!
 Tom A

Ok Tom . I know the price of aerospace stuff . I use Aeroquip hydraulic
connectors
on my Drag car and they are also horribly expensive .
I also understand that the price is related to the number of produced units .
However , as I said , these pieces of aluminum are great .
Thanks

JO GOODTIMES -FRANCE/ AIRBORNE RADAR TECH / LIVE FREE OR DIE