Subject: [Leica] Re: TREAT AS URGENT
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:20:16 -0500

2001-03-14-15:32:01 Brian Reid:
> Does anybody think that we need to revisit this policy?

The only downside which comes to mind is inconvenience to list-members
who have multiple email accounts and might wish to post from more than
one of them.  I, for example, have two distinct places I might be
coming from, but I force the "From: " header to be the same in either
case.  Depending on how persnickety your Spam-B-Gone software is, that
might serve the purpose or might be looked on with suspicion.

In the general case, if the policy were changed, it might be desirable
to register one list-receiving address and one or more posting sources
for each user;  this could well turn into an administrative nightmare.
Barring that, I guess each user would have to be consistent about
posting from the address to which the list traffic is sent.  I don't
know how much of a hardship that would be for others.

Message from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] TREAT AS URGENT)