Subject: Re: [Leica] OT reference material/equipment questions
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:07:47 -0800

>Finally, someone who acknowledges Henry Horenstein's books, especially
>"Beyond Basic Photography", which I consider to be an excellent
>introduction to photography, yet with a sufficiently sophisticated edge.
>I thought I was the only one to have heard of him.
>
>By the way, I have heard that Freeman Patterson is/was quite ill.  Does
>anyome know any more details?
>
>dan c.

Let me add the following titles to the Horenstein book, which is indeed a
fine beginning book. I have also read and found useful:

Tom Grimm and Michele Grimm. The Basic Book of Photography.
Bryan Peterson. Understanding Exposure.
Hubert C. Birnbaum. Existing-Light Photography.

Guy

Message from Sonny Carter <cartersn@nsula.edu> (Re: [Leica] OT reference material/equipment questions)