Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lens coating
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:23:48 -0600

Well, I just looked at my 50 Summilux, which dates from 1977, and most of the reflections of a light bulb are pinkish or purplish, but there is one way down that looks white - at least by comparison.  Looking
from the back of the lens, it's the second reflection in, meaning it's either the inside of the last element or outside of the next to last one.

Like you I've never has a concern about the quality of the images this lens produces.  And now that I know I have a white reflection from somewhere inside the lens, I'm just going to not worry about it.

Cheers,
Kip