Subject: [Leica] Underwater Photography - Slightly OT
From: Tom Finnegan <TomF@piengr.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 07:42:49 -0800

My wife is forcing me to go to Maui for a week. I would of course much
prefer to stay here at home trying to keep track of whom is being rude and
insulting to whom, but there is no getting out of this trip. As part of this
little adventure we will be doing a bit of snorkeling. My wife is very
intruiged with the idea of doing a little underwater photography, but didn't
want me to go out and spend a bundle on fancy underwater camera gear. So I
picked up a little Canon Sureshot A1 camera that is good down to 16 feet.
The A1 is basically an armored and sealed point-and-shoot with a 35/3.5
lens. After the trip the A1 will become my 5-year old daughters camera.

This now slowly brings me to my real question. Now that I have this little
camera, what film would people recommend for use both above and below water?
I'm assuming that a 400 speed color negative film is what I want but I'm not
familiar with all the assorted flavors out there.
- - Royal Gold 400
- - Supra 400
- - Gold 400
- - Porta 400 NC
- - Porta 400 VC
- - 400 NPH
- - Superia 400

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Tom Finnegan
Seattle

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com> (Re: [Leica] Underwater Photography - Slightly OT)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Underwater Photography - Slightly OT)