Subject: RE: [Leica] Underwater Photography - Slightly OT
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 08:45:29 -0800

I just got back from a trip to Belize with that very camera (and saw one other snorkeler with the same one).  I used both Supra 400 and Supra 800 underwater with good success exposure-wise.  I wasn't as impressed with the sharpness of the UW shots when I looked at the negs with a loupe, but then what was I expecting - a 35 ASPH?  On land it's a decent but not outstanding P&S.  For underwater shooting I think the extra snap of the Supra films makes them a pretty safe choice.

The day after I got back a Nikonos IV arrived in the consignment case of a local store, but I didn't spend too much time pining - in retrospect I think the little Canon is a good choice for someone who doesn't have much experience with UW photography and wants to being back *something* from a pricey vacation.

Paul