Subject: Re: [Leica] Bessa-T - at last! (Long)
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:11:24 -0500

on 3/15/01 11:00 AM, Frank Filippone at red735i@earthlink.net wrote:

> SO how faar behind can a M mount Bessa with full RF and VF be?  Maybe
> another 6 months?
>
> Ditto lenses with focusing cams on a M mount...another 12 months?
>
> I am still waiting, and using the Bessa L I have right now for the
> 15mm....and the CL for my backup M6 body......
>
> Frank Filippone, still npot satisfied, I want my Bessa with M Mount!

You could see all this as warning shots across Leica's bows... one in front,
one behind, the next one goes down the funnel unless you change course,
Kapitan!

Cosina are clearly capapble of making a low-end direct M competitor. The
notion that they don't want to go head to head with Leica is quite funny
actually... do they have shareholders??... so why the delay until 2002?

I personally see all this as subtle leverage being applied to the gnomes of
Wetzlar by the pokemons at Cosina.

Dateline March 2002: Leica announce a licensing deal with Cosina for their
entry-level M model...
- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com