Subject: [Leica] For Sale--50 Summicron
From: "Craig Semetko" <csemetko@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 22:16:12 -0800

Hello Gang,

I am offering for sale my 50mm Summicron M, fifth version, sn 3019856, made
in Canada. This is the version with the detatchable hood and focusing lever.
I would rate it ex+++, as there are one or two tiny paint chips removed
around the outside of the filter threads from the hood coming on and off.
Also a few miniscule flecks in the glass, which I have in most of my other
lenses, and in no way effects the pictures. I'm only selling it because I've
finally decided I need the extra stop and just bought a used Summilux and
can't afford to keep both. $500 plus shipping. With front and rear caps,
detatchable hood, and leather case. Please contact me off list.

Here's what Stephen Gandy says about this version on Cameraquest.com:

"Fifth version 1980-95  Black lens with "50" on barrel, reintroduced
focusing lever, without built in hood. In my opinion the best choice of all
50   Summicrons.  I am a fan of both the focusing lever and the larger
attachable hood.  Nice lightweight lens at only 195 grams  6 elements,
recomputed."