Subject: Re: [Leica] filter question of a different kind...
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 22:54:26 -0800

>I'm a newbie to the list, and have been lurking for a while. I would like to
>start experimenting with color filters for black-and-white photography. I was
>wondering which brand of filters would cause the least degradation to the
>sharpness of my 50mM summicron. Thanks in advance for your advice.
>Bob Datta

Bob,

That would be the NE (i.e. "Non-Existant") filter. It's the only filter
gauranteed to cause no degradation to the images produced with Leica glass.
Here are just a few of the benefits:

- - They're inexpensive! You get one free with every lens.
- - They're useful in all kinds of lighting.
- - They have a filter factor of 0.
- - No one can tell you're using one.

I keep one on all my lenses, all the time - they help protect the front
element from UV filters.

Guy