Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: care for vulcanite & leatherette
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 22:34:29 -0800

> <, Leica, NJ recommends Lexol. This is used on leather saddles. Most hardware
> stores have it. Leathers by Mary Terry recommends Leather Armor or something
> that sounds like that. I have used Lexol on my M3. M5, M6 and Rollei TLR. I
> hope
> Leica is right because they all look LN. Hopes this helps.>>
> --

Well, vulcanite is not leather, it's not leatherette (whatever that is) it's hard
rubber. I expect that Leica NJ is recommending Lexol for use on the M6s which do
not have vulcanite on the body shell.

As has been pointed out, there is a lot of chatter in the archives about
treatments for vulcanite.

Dennis

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: care for vulcanite & leatherette)