Subject: RE: [Leica] Bessa-T - at last! (Long)
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:16:14 -0000

Johnny,
Good to hear you again, and this was the most salient, considered, post, I
thought, on the intro of the Bessa T.
As Mikiro remarked today, this would seem a most sensibe way forward for
the two companies.
Leica learn from Cosina.
Cosina establish a relationship they could have only dreamed of previously.
Leica don't feel threatened but in (partial) control.
Cosina relax that they will not ruin Leica (unlikely) and work with them.

If Tom's remarks about the percieved increase in solidity (to the Bessa-T)
indicate a direction for the two companies to work towards then it may yet
improve further before any possible collaboration appears.

Like Jim I feel that this present camera offers a package which will be
regarded as impractical for most photographers.
It will undoubtedly be appreciated by some for the facilities it provides
but it is unlikely to be the 'new messiah' in terms of creating a new
generation of rangefinder users.

Of course my conjecture about this may well be 'pie in the sky'.

Jem ;-)