Subject: Re: [Leica] Bessa T Conspiracy
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:49:07 -0500

At 03:03 PM 3/16/2001 EST, TTAbrahams@aol.com wrote:

> As for the "freebies" , I only wish and if that was the case, I would
have a
>substantially better account balance. I did get a Christmas present from
>Cosina last year, a Bessa-R and the 35/2,5 Pancake lens and Mr Kobayashi
gave
>me a VC-Meter a couple of years ago. On the other hand, I have given him a
>couple of Rapidwinders for his cameras and when the sales manager, Mr Kato
>got hooked on M2's I gave him a M2 Rapidwinder as he is a left-eye shooter,
>just like me. Everything else is paid for and admittedly, I do get a good
>deal on it, same price as a dealer would pay.

Tom, Tom, Tom

This is a matter of ethics.  An uncritical judge does no business with the
firm whose products he is judging.  It is both a matter of substance --
these little "friendly deals" might well affect your subconscious
judgement, if not your conscious intellect -- and also one of form -- you
ought not do something which causes your integrity to appear compromised.

And, by your own statement, you have done so.  This causes your articles on
these Cosina pieces to appear most questionable.  And this is a shame, as I
suspect you put your heart and soul into them.  It is a shame that you
allowed your own desire to trade favors to compromise the honesty of your
writings.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!