Subject: [Leica] Nikonos
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:27:28 EST

<<<

I remember when they were called a Calypso.

It was designed by none other than Jacques Cousteau.

Mark Rabiner

Actually it was designed FOR him and then named after his boat. Has that big
"Made In France" stamped into the back...which looks a bit strange on a
camera I must admit. I have one with a Som Berthiot lens in so-so shape and
it is still one of my favorite "weird cameras" in my collection. Bought it
from a diver in Key West who was actually still using it.

cheers,
Rich