Subject: [Leica] Re: 120 Leica
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 16:34:59 -0500

At 12:00 PM 3/17/01 -0500, Dan Post wrote:
>Michael-
>looking more closely at the pohoto, I was wondering- which camera there did
>the roll of 120 come out of? :o)
>
>Dan ( I know about the Rolleikin for 35mm in a TLR.... but if there is a way
>to put 120 into a Leica- I wanna hear about it!!!) Post

Ah, well you see the Bessa there is actually a super secret original T
version. The T actually first stood for Bessa T.a.r.d.i.s....Problem is
whenever you hit the button is makes a whooping noise and disappears for a
few minutes only to show up again in a completely different place and a tad
worse for the wear. ;)

Actually the 120 was just run through my YashicaMat124G. It was from a
propack of VPL that has been in my freezer since 1996 shortly before going
out of date. (Does Kodak even still make VPL?) It processed and printed
wonderfully, leaving me to believe that its sisters there in the cold (next
to the Ice Cream) are still fine and useable. I also have a propack of
PlusX that went out of date in 1984 and several propacks of Vericolor II
that went out in 1987 that I need to try out next. (I've had all this since
it was new of course...I just don't shoot much MF.) I just got a Walz Light
Funnel for the shooting lens of my Yashica and figured that I'd take it out
of its case into the light and celebrate a little.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael

(BTW thanks for yet another refinishing option recommendation for the IIIc.)