Subject: [Leica] LHSA Owned??????
From: "Birkey" <dbirkey@uio.telconet.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 20:53:28 -0500

Steve LeHuray wrote

>  I never questioned your integrity in my original post, rather, I was
> wondering out loud about what seemed to me to be an obvious situation, and
> that is the over-promotion of Cosina in a publication, VIEWFINDER, owned
by
> the Leica Historical Society of America (LHSA).

Owned?????    Published might be a better description...  After all...  this
isn't NGS where everyone involved is doing quite well from the business.....

While I haven't got the latest issue yet..... I like the fact that the
Viewfinder is more than just describing various style motorcouplers on 250
reporters...   It also covers various old and new Leica copies as well as
new offerings from Leica...

I enjoyed seeing Sal's equipment and like his chrome shutterspeed dial idea
to differentiate black cameras....  I also thought his comment that he has
not had a M-6 rangefinder go out of alignment yet rather interesting...

If the every issue was entirely about various Fikus versions  or NY engraved
filters.... we'd all fall asleep bored stiff....   and if Leica introduced
as many new products as Cosina has in the last year or so.... I'm sure it
would be getting more space..... but....  that's not the case...

Duane Birkey

LHSA member
HCJB World Radio, Quito Ecuador
Duane's Photographs of Ecuador: