Subject: Re: [Leica] lens hist by serial #
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 20:09:06 -0800

>> From: bob peterson <bobpet@home.com>
>>
>> where can i find a list that will allow me to determine the
>> pedigree, age, etc of a leica M lens by serial #?
>----------
>From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
>
>Lens serial number source: Identifying Leica Lenses, Ghester Sartorius,
>1999, ISBN 0-8174-4027-5
>
>156 001 - 195 000       1933
>[all the way up through...]
>3 677 031 - 3 730 290   1995
>3 730 291 -

Good God! John does it again!

Guy (in awe, as ever... not that the man knows where to find the info
[hell, I knew he was smart], but that he would actually take the trouble to
post it all!)

P.S. Mr. Peterson, I believe a "thank you" is in order.

P.P.S. And no, you ethics hounds, I am not paid by John Collier.