Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 with 50 1.0 Noctilux
From: "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 22:03:48 +0900

The M3 viewfinder is the best one available for Noctilux, provided that
it is still in good condition after 40 or so years.

Keep in mind that that the depth of field is paper thin, and you have to
ensure that the rangefinder is adjusted properly, and is matched to the
lens.  However, my first 5 rolls with Noctilux were all out-of-focus,
due to lack of technique in my part.

Also, Noctilux is not all that sharp at close distances.  It seems to do
best at 2m or greater.

Ken Iisaka  <ken at iisaka dot org> http://www.iisaka.org
Still lost in Mill Valley in Marin County, California