Subject: [Leica] back from mars -- i have pictures....
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 08:45:46 -0500 (EST)

as an american, romania couldn't be further from the center of my
pasturized and homoginized vitiman D world -- it might as well have been
mars. luckily i had an M6 and a new voigtlander 15mm screwmount that
plugger jim shulman loaned to me to capture the strangeness.

far from "the results" being up on the web, there are a few examples of
life in a place so far away that people looked right through me, culled
from some 30 rolls of tri-x, xp2 and velvia and 400 or so digital snaps.

  http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/paw/2001/11/index.html

i'm pleased to say that thanks to lugger yannis katris and his wife laura,
i was able to avoid every single tourist spot in the country (i did see
the presidential palace from the outside, but that building is so big you
can see it from _space_, it was unavoidable.) i did not see dracula's
castle, i did not see a peasant festival, i did not see wooden spoons
being carved, i did not take a tour bus to a medieval town and stand
around with my thumb up my thambar with the rest of the americans. no
siree.

the shots from week 7 were taken during the appropriate time -- last
friday, saturday and sunday. i'm currently going through my notes and
typing up a travel diary which i'll try and post for week 8. it was an
absolutely amazing experience.

it's only a question now of getting back....

kc

(p.s. i see i missed some heavy duty mud slinging. glad you waited for me
to leave. take care kids.)

Replies: Reply from Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com> (Re: [Leica] back from mars -- i have pictures....)