Subject: [Leica] Re: slotted[shade] made for the 40mm Canon thread
From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:14:29 -0500

I've found that regular series VI shades don't vignette on a 35 (except for
the f2.8 Jupiter which doesn't need a sepaate shade anyway). I've never
found a Series VI slotted shade, but a 43 mm Hoya slotted shade
epoxied to a double retaining ring is about the same size and works fine
with a 40 mm adaptor on
my 50/f1.8 Canon--should work on a 35 too. 40 mm adaptor rings aren't that
common' but they're out there.
- --
Bob Marvin