Subject: Re: [Leica] More Viewfinder Questions
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 10:01:07 -0800

>I was wondering if anyone out there has used the Voigtlander/Cosina 35mm
>finder. I wanted to know what the magnification is and if you can use the
>finder with both eyes open?
>
>Thanks,
>
>John

John,

I use the Voigtlander/Cosina 35mm finder on a IIIf/Summaron 35 combo. While
I do not know the magnification (no such information was provided with the
finder, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere else), it can be used
with both eyes open.

It is a very good finder, IMO, big, bright, and clear, like those for their
15 and 25 lenses. It has the benefit of well-defined brightlines and the
ever-popular "dashed" line for parallax correction. It is also relatively
inexpensive: you can get one for about $125 USD.

Guy