Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: [Leica] Re: [Leica] On the History of Voigtländer
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 13:16:40 -0500

At 01:54 PM 3/18/2001 +0100, Giorgio Ferrari wrote:
>The Voigtländer name dead in the late '50.
>Well, Cosina took the Voigtländer name to cover the Cosina name over their
>previous products,

The Voigtlander name was last used on a production camera in the late
1970's, not the '50's, with the various Voigtlander-derived VSL's from
Rollei (well, one of these WAS an outright Voigtlander design).  And Cosina
did not "take over" the Voigtlander name:  they simply licensed it for a
small part of their production.  I believe all the items sold under the
Voigtlander name are separately available as well under the Cosina name.

And your Alfa-Romeo and Ferrari analogy is not an apt one, as the actions
you speak of occurred while both Alfa and Ferrari were going concerns.  The
BMW:Rolls analogy is far better.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!