Subject: [Leica] HBC Quote
From: Craig Semetko <csemetko@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 12:27:59 -0800

Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 13:25:39 +0100
From: "Robert Appleby Personal" <rob@robertappleby.com>
Subject: [Leica] Re: HCB quote

Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 14:53:10 -0700
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Subject: RE: [Leica] HCB quote
I think it was Phillipe Halsman

Tim

To be completely humourless about it, whoever said it was a fool who knew
nothing about prostitution.

Actually, you do it
a) to support your heroin habit
b) to support your boyfriend's heroin habit
c) because you're a slave who's been kidnapped and sold to a pimp in a
foreign country or the big city who won't hesitate to kill you if you
misbehave
d) because you're on the streets and desperate
and so on.

None of that sounds like HCB to me.

Rob.
Robert Appleby
http://www.robertappleby.com

Ah, actually, I just wanted to know if HBC said, "Photography doesn't
interest me, people do." And if so, in what publication?

Thanks

Craig