Subject: Re: [Leica] WEEK 11 (Lee)
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 22:53:58 +0100

Lee,

"Oppenheimer Park" is a nice composition, especially well appreciated when I
went to the Large view. The only quibble is that the person does not appear to
be completely sharp.

The "Sunrise Market" reminds me of some of Winogrand's photos, and I do not
mean it as a compliment. I think that the tilt does not add anything to the
composition, and the fact that you cannot see the subject's face removes the
main point of interest from the photo.

In my opinion....

Keep shooting!

Nathan

Lee Bacchus wrote:

> Egads! Another week-end, another PAW to dispense.  In this case, two more
> shots (http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation.tcl?presentation_id=52810)
> from the series I'm doing for an inner-city service group. They're part of
> an upcoming exhibition on Vancouver's troubled Downtown Eastside
> neighborhood. I'm not that happy with the exposure in either, but for me
> they fit my notion of showing imagery from the area that is neither
> stereotypically gloomy nor blissfully ignorant of the neighborhood's
> oppressive atmosphere. Comments welcome.
> Lee Bacchus

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland