Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 with 50 1.0 Noctilux
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 19:40:52 -0800

Julian Thomas wrote
> where there are spot lights in  the ceiling but the overall light is low
is
> hell because of flare. I remember meeting up with some guys and comparing
> M2/3/4/6 and the 6 flared and the others didn't. What is your secret??<<<

Hi Julian,
I have no secrets and never knew I had a flare problem until it was
mentioned on the LUG!   It happens on occasion, but I just quickly move the
camera and avoid it right away never thinking about it and keep right on
shooting without any thought.

Maybe I've had flare since 1985 when I got my 3 - M6's and just never knew
about it as I work quickly and usually without much thought of anything else
but capturing the moments I'm being paid to put on film.

And as long as the film is advancing as rapidly as I work the RapidWinder
with the little red arrows lighting up I'm just as happy as a puppy.:-)

I suppose if one is working slowly and in a deliberate manner they would be
more aware of flare when it happens, but as I said, if it occurs with me I
just move the camera or my head and it's gone, but that quick reaction is as
natural as breathing without any thought of the flare.  Maybe because I've
been using M6's for 15-16 years.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant