Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 with 50 1.0 Noctilux
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:59:33 -0700

It is not possible because of the different flange to film plane distances.
Leica made the M flange to film plane distance shorter so that you could fit
your LTM lenses, with the appropriate adapter on their new camera. It still
makes perfect sense to me regardless of all the complaints against Leica to
the contrary on this list.

It would be "relatively" easy to mount a M bayonet mount onto a LTM camera.
The difference is only one millimetre and the LTM mount is quite thick. So
for a thousand or so, you could make yourself a Bessa-T without the easy
load option :-).

John Collier