Subject: Re: [Leica] moderator
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 19:19:05 -0800 (PST)

Robert Appleby wrote:

A discussion group is defined by its members and not its moderator. I
have the right to remove people who persist in saying things that I
don't like, but I can't force anybody to discuss or not discuss
anything.

Actually, Brian, one of the beauties of the LUG to my mind is that it's

one of the _few_ lists which isn't just an extension of it's
moderator's ego. After over a year on the LUG and many scrapes and
bruises, I'm still here because this really is a free forum for many
ideas. And that is exceptional in the world of mailing lists, at least
in my limited experience.

Let's have a big hand there for Brian Reid!
I heartily agree. People's opinions are not stifled here - that's what
makes the LUG so enjoyable to me.

Regards,

=====
Ray