Subject: Re: [Leica] 65mm Elmar
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 21:22:47 -0700

I have not measured it myself but a good friend of mine went to a great deal
of trouble to mount one of his 65 Elmars (he has three, one of which he
purchased NOS for $25CAN) on his Nikon Bellows with T&S (PB-5?). He reported
that quality falls off quite quickly.  For T&S work he now uses another
brand of macro lens though he loves the quality of 65 Elmar when used
normally.

Mr. Lager has pictures of the various visoflex 1 style lenses (200 & 400)
mounted on his Hasselblad. I think* that the lenses that mount directly onto
the Visoflex 2 and 3 have too short a back focus.

John Collier

* A speculation alert.