Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 with 50 1.0 Noctilux
From: "Logan Reinwood" <reinwood007@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:33:54 -0000

> > I will repeat again (and again, till you understand or I die):
> > You can use and focus Noctilux accurately on nearly any M.
> > Issue is: do M3 focus it better than M6. I think so, but
> > I am not sure as I don't have a way to test it :)...

Yes it is easier with a M3 because (as already stated)

1) the magnification of M3 is higher (.91 vs. .72 or .85)
2) the rangefinder baseline is longer

BUT, this might be important only for distances where
IMHO and experience with my m6 .72 and M3, the DOF is smaller
than 5-10 cm (2-4 inches) depending on your practice and eyesight.

krgds,

logan.