Subject: RE: [Leica] M3 with 50 1.0 Noctilux
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 10:12:34 -0500

> > > I will repeat again (and again, till you understand or I die):
> > > You can use and focus Noctilux accurately on nearly any M.
> > > Issue is: do M3 focus it better than M6. I think so, but
> > > I am not sure as I don't have a way to test it :)...
>
> Yes it is easier with a M3 because (as already stated)
>
> 1) the magnification of M3 is higher (.91 vs. .72 or .85)
> 2) the rangefinder baseline is longer

Easier, possibly, but not necessarily more accurately.  The M3 is an older
camera, and therefore was built with older techniques and materials.
Whether the M3 can be aligned as accurately as the M6, or hold its alignment
as well as the M6 I do not know, but if this is true, it may render these M3
'advantages' moot.