Subject: RE: [Leica] Is it time for the new Summilux M?
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 06:09:05 -0800

Translation from the original Leica-ese to the consumer speak of the

Yes we have the lens designed and we are manufacturing it in limited
quantitiy now.  However it will be another 2 years till we can actually make
enough of them to supply the demand from the USA.....Since we got so badly
beaten up for annaouncing new products before they are really ready to
deliver ( R8 Motor, 35-70/2.8 R-Zoom), we are being more conservative in
this product introduction.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Leica said that it would necessiatate new technology to
compute and manufacture a new 50 1.4, so they won't do that
before 2-3 years.