Subject: [Leica] Re: 35mm M Summicron ASPH lens-flare
From: "Victor Wek" <photvictor@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:48:27

Similar experience here, when light shines directly on front lens it
produces flare to some degree. When the standard hood protects front element
from direct light I did not noticed flare. I use hood on my 35/2.0 ASPH and
no filter. Sometimes flare is obvious as is on your photos, sometimes it
produces tiny strips. Even when hood protects lens from direct lightning and
the surroundings emanates v.strong light (water, snow),  sometimes I noticed
sort of effect, to lesser degree, like is on your 2nd photo.
I am just a shooter, and I’ve also noticed this lens does not fight flare
well.

>From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
>Subject: [Leica] Re: 35mm M Summicron ASPH lens-flare

Victor