Subject: RE: [Leica] FW: Kodak Makes Improvements to B&W Films
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:44:16 -0500

At 11:52 AM 3/21/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Different strokes.  The woman who won world press this year was shooting a
>Canon.  As for Tina Manley -- no offense here -- she obviously has pockets
>to travel a lot, shoots lots of snapshots in foreign locales and donates
>them to charities or whatever.  I've been to her site, out of curiosity, and
>saw nothing that passed beyond snapshots, even if the subjects are
>meaningful or whatever.  Aside from that, I saw nothing that remotely
>resembles newspaper/magazine reportage.  Actually, and I don't mean to be
>rude, on a professional level I rather resent remote-traveling snapshooters
>posing as photojournalists. (funny: I have friends who are Magnum photogs
>and who don't use initials after their name -- that's just pomposity making
>up for skill).

George -

I am not going to defend my photography to you.  As you say, different
strokes for different folks.  However, I am proud to put the ASMP initials
after my name.  I have been a member for many years and am on the board of
directors of the South Carolina chapter.  ASMP is a very worthwhile
organization for professional photographers.  No organization has worked
harder to protect and defend copyrights.  I hope that when other
photographers see the initials after my name, they will look up ASMP and be
encouraged to join other photographers in protecting our rights.

Any "deep pockets" I have come from selling the 300,000 photographs in my
files.

It is considered rude to send e-mail without signing your name.

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com