Subject: Re: [Leica] Rapidwinder
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:51:09 -0800

Phong wrote:

> Hi Roland,
>
> KamelaLeder in California(www.kamelaleder.com)
> makes a M6 half-case adapted for the TA Rapidwinder.
> It's beautifully made, and of very high quality.  Unfortunately,
> the Rapidwinder trigger lever is further recessed into the
> case, making  unfolding it more difficult; not an ideal
> situation if you have to react quickly.
>
> I had a chance to buy one  at a very, very good price from
> KameraLeder (I loaned them my Rapidwinder to design
> the leather case), but returned it because it slows
> me down too much.
>
> George of Kameraleder is a trustworthy gentleman.
>
> - Phong

A real nice guy who makes a real nice product! (Like Tom Abrahamsson)
I noticed how sleek that half case makes a camera look with a Rapidwinder. One
smooth continuous unit!
Toms Rapidwinders' Rapidwinder has evolved gradually so there was some mismatch.
A shame that could not be worked out.
The one i used in Boston over the counter worked perfectly together and looked
great! Sleek!
When i get my winder from Tom I'll be also getting the half case from George too!
Of course when they come out with Leica's in Lemon Yellow and orange orange
we'll have quite a bit of matching up to do.
But George is going to stick to black I've got a feeling.
He sure knows his leather and which stuff to get and use!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA
http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/