Subject: Re: [Leica] New M6
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 02:57:52 +0800

on 21/3/01 8:19 am, Frank Filippone at red735i@earthlink.net wrote:

> I will look at it but the idea of a (Army) Olive Drab colored M camera I
> find tacky.  It is not the fact that the camera is not black or silver, but
> that specific color that I find objectionable....  It reminds me of the
> horrors of war....and trying to make a buck off of that association is
> objectionable to me.
>
> I ain't buying one.  Now a user M6TTL-HM in Black, that's another story!
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@earthlink.net

Frank,

Don't worry, don't lose sleep over this.  This camera will not be marketed
in your part of the world - it is a local release.  You can't buy one from
your local dealer any way.

I chose this finish not because of its association with wars etc.  I looked
at my own Leica collection and picked a colour that Leica used to offer
other than chrome and black paint: olive green caught my attention first.
The other finish I had also considered was hammertone grey.

Do you have any suggestions for other paint finishes?

Bests,

Joseph