Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Nutmeg
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:37:44 -0800

From:
http://www.arf.org/isd/pim/halluc.html

**************************
The known active ingredient in nutmeg (Myristica fragrans) is elemicin, a compound chemically related to mescaline and TMA. Nutmeg powder is eaten or sometimes "snorted."

Low doses may produce mild and brief euphoria, lightheadedness, and CNS stimulation. At higher doses, there may be rapid heartbeat, excessive thirst, agitation, anxiety, acute panic, vomiting, and hallucinations. The effects begin slowly and last several hours; they may be followed by drowsiness.

Although nutmeg is readily available, it apparently is generally used only when other hallucinogens are not obtainable. Recovery from nutmeg intoxication is slow and often involves unpleasant hangover effects.

"Wow, man - I coulda sworn I loaded Tri-X - where'd all the cool colours come from?"

Paul