Subject: [Leica] Re: nutmeg now Leadville
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:16:52 EST

In a message dated 3/22/01 8:11:12 PM, Mr. Mark Rabiner Esq. wrote:

<< If you want to get high go to Leadville Colorado, North America's highest
incorporated city (10,430 feet elevation), and see if you can walk two blocks
down the street without stopping to rest at a park bench! >>

Mark,
I was in Leadville last summer, and they were about to have  a long distance
foot race-I think it was to be 50 miles!  The previous weekend they had had a
100 mile bicycle race.  This is the only town I've been in where the stores
sell oxygen as if it's a normal thing to do.  Needless to say I did not
participate in these races, it was an effort for me just to climb a flight of
stairs, being the flatlander that I am.
Richard Wasserman