Subject: Re: [Leica] Sprintscan
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 14:28:19 -0600

>Could I be the only person who has come to think that the Sprintscan
>software is better for doing B&W work than the SilverFast AI that also
>comes with the scanner?
>
>B. D.

Nope!

I use the Polacolor Insight that came with the scanner.
But mostly to capture the scanners full range scan, then correct in
Photoshop.
I do 12 bit into Photoshop for B&W - always - which bypasses Insight.
For color I will sometimes let Insight do its thing but about 3/4 of the
time I do 12bit for color as well.

Henry