Subject: [Leica] Re: new test of new delta 400
From: leica@rakitzis.com
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:44:37 -0800

Here's my little piece of tab-grain heresy:

I think Xtol levels the playing field, and I've gone back pretty much
to using Tri-X in Xtol for most things.

For 100 speed, I can't beat 100 Delta in Xtol 1:3, I love that film/dev
combo.

But, Tri-X is very forgiving, and it looks GREAT in Xtol. (plus it's
cheap, cheap, cheap when you buy the imported (English) stock from B&H)

For another look, there is also always Tri-X in Rodinal. I find this
combination especially effective in the 120 format where the outrageous
grain structure is not so blatant. But depending on the subject matter
this combination can work wonders in 35mm as well.

Byron.