Subject: Re: [Leica] TTL flash
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:03:39 -0500

>I'd like some information on  the available TTL flash units, their
>approximate prices, and their  relative advantages.  I have heard that
>their is a Leica unit and a  Metz one. Are there any others?

>Herb

Quantum has a TTL adaptor for their T series flashes. It's marked for
the R8 but of course it works fine on the M6TTL. If you really need a
powerful flash IMHO it's better than the Metz hammerheads  because of
things like the ability to go bare bulb, which is the way to go if you
want on camera flash which actually looks reasonably flattering. It's
great for weddings, functions and other professional uses but probably
overkill otherwise and it's awfully top heavy on an M. The last time I
looked, the price for the basic T2 with Turbo battery is around $6-700
ish.

Simon Stevens