Subject: Re: [Leica] snapshot! insult or compliment?
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 21:21:51 -0800

>......except I wonder why does our very own, well known, professional
>photographer, Sal Dimarco sign his posts here with "Happy Snaps" ??? I know
>Sal well enough to know he is NOT dismissing anybody's photography.
>
>Steve

Why don't we ask him?

It might be interesting to ask the professionals on the list that would be
inclined to answer if they feel the term "snapshot" is an appropriate label
for their work. Perhaps they could explain why it is or isn't.

I don't ask this to start a flame war, but rather to see what the general
consensus is on the notion of the "snapshot" among professionals as it
might apply to their own work. My own feeling is that it is a pejorative
term and I suspect that pros would not view their work in this way, but I
could be wrong.

Guy

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] snapshot! insult or compliment?)