Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Rolleiflex 3.5F
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 00:25:30 -0500

> I have the last version of the 3.5F --
> the "White Face" Xenotar -- and you will not find a better medium format
> camera.  Period.

Certainly a most controversial statement to say the least!

> D) The ergonomics blow away the competition,

The Rollei is with out a doubt an awkward camera to use IMO.  The focus is
on the left, and the wind is on the right...so in order to
focus/shoot/wind...you have to shift your hands from holding the camera with
your right to your holding the camera with your left...and back and forth
for each shot...

> D) The square format -- never mind the larger negative -- will change your
> way of looking at the world.

How true, how true.  A great small MF camera is the Zeiss Super Ikonta or
the Fuji GS645 folder...  Neither are particularly fast to use, but are very
compact and take very nice pictures (er, snapshots ;-).