Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Quality versus Medium Format
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 12:05:39 +0200

Of course I considered MF and a classic Rollei TLR. For me photography
is a hobby on the side, not breadearning business. When traveling on
business, I can only dedicate limited space and weight for my photo kit.
A TLR is tbe largest 6x6 I would be willing to carry. More important,
there are limits for adding accessories!

As an intermediate step for trying out, I purchased a Yashicamat 124G.
Besides the larger negative, I was curious about the different,
generally slower handling: larger screen, square image, waistlevel
finder (I am facing more and more problems finding the level of my
waist).

I didn't like it.

Finally I didn't want to invest, space and moneywise, in an additional
line of 6x6 enlarger or slide projector. Perhaps slow film, or that
Gigabitfilm is an alternative for occasional use.

Hans-Peter