Subject: [Leica] Digital M's?
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:14:58 +0100

I know little about the immediate future of digital chip availability though
what I have seen so far shows the large chips are slow - more like scanners
than cameras. I understand a 24x36 chip currently costs thousands for the
chip alone. I was intrigued by the idea of being able to convert a 1950's
Leica body into a digital giving new life to hundreds of thousands of
beautifully engineered cameras which are wonderfully tactile to use.

cheers Frank