Subject: [Leica] Jupiter 85mm f2
From: "Juan J. Buhler" <jbuhler@pdi.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 11:32:38 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

First off, let me thank everybody for your nice comments and
suggestions regarding the M6 I crashed in the floor after just 4 days
of ownership. The thing is in the shop, getting a new rewind know, and
hopefully I'll be able to use it soon.

I'm in the look for a Jupiter-9 85mm f2. I've looked in the archives
for comments on this lens, but there's one thing I cannot find: What
years are the safest to go with?  I'll probably be buying from ebay,
unless someone suggests a good source for these things in the San
Francisco bay area, so I won't be able to try before I buy.

Are lenses older than 1965 better, should I go with one from the late
70's, does it matter at all?

Thanks,

 Juan J. Buhler | FX Animator @ PDI | http://www.crosswinds.net/~jbuhler