Subject: [Leica] New Leica M6
From: "Kenneth Pai" <kpai@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:12:30 -0800

Thoughts upon getting my first new Leica-
I have had two M3s and still own one of them, a 1953 vintage single-stroke
with collapsible 50/2, providing unfailing service. I have heard about some
of the design oversights of the M6 TTL and its cost-cuttings, but I sure did
notice these-

Cheap plastic "presentation case" that the camera comes in, with a very
flimsy faux-felt plastic liner that came pre-cracked. (Although it did not
damage the camera).

The camera strap is made of nylon webbing, with a rubber neck pad that is
fixed in position. You have to adjust BOTH sides of the strap by unhooking
the attaching rings if you want to adjust the strap's length, to center the
neck pad.

And, the rings are real ugly--made out of un-chromed steel wire, as if they
are from Home Depot.

These minor cost-saving measures definitely distracts from Leica's
jewel-like look and feel.

(I am not on the list. If you have comments for me, email me)

Shop online without a credit card
http://www.rocketcash.com
RocketCash, a NetZero subsidiary

Replies: Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@home.com> (Re: [Leica] New Leica M6)