Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 asph Summicron
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:20:25 -0500

> on 3/28/01 8:28 PM, John M. Holcomb at jmholcomb@fuse.net wrote:
>
> > Point well taken!

Actually, somewhat foolish point, if I may say so..;-)

As JD points out below, each of the films mentioned has its draw
backs...and there are many situations where the extra stop saves the day
- - assuming you are a low-light shooter.

Further, I use Tri-X almost exclusively, and prefer to just use a single
film when shooting. The difference between the f 2 and 1.4 may well be
the difference between rating the film at 400 or 800 or 1200 or
1600...And it may also be the difference between getting and not getting
the image.

But, hey, if you have no use for a 1.4, don't spend the extra money. But
the 35 SUmmilux ASPH, like the Summicron, is an amazingly good lens. You
don't compromise to get the extra stop...

B. D.